Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Emma's Pet

We love books, and read a ton in this family. A while ago I signed up to be a book reviewer for a publisher, and while I have not herd back from them, I though it would be fun to feature some of our favorites here. They will be books for kids, with a few bigger ones thrown in. You might have noticed that I added a bookshelf to the right and down on the blog. I will add our favorites as I think of them.

Emma's Pet by David McPlail

Emma is a sweet little bear who wants a big soft cuddly pet. She has Fluffy (a cat) who is NOT cuddly. So she sets out on a mission to find the perfect pet. She finds a bug, who is not cuddly. Then a mouse who is cuddly but not big. A bird with soft feathers, but was too busy to be her pet. A frog who isnt soft or cuddly, but might make a good pet but turns out not to be, since it took a bath with her mother. Emma goes through quite the list of possible pets until she finds the perfect one. The Biggest, Softest, Cuddliest pet ever. Her Father.

We love this book. Its a favorite to be read by the best pet is this family. Daddy! :) For most of the reviews I will add pictures, but couldn't find a good one of this book. It was published in 1985 so I couldn't find a link to amazon with a picture! Sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!