Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Gluten Free Muffles

Or Muffins for all you other folks. Flora calls them Muffles and it stuck. Just a heads up, if you search "whole wheat muffles" on a recipe sight, you will come up with nothing.

We try to eat gluten free and I am always looking for just the right recipe. I went out on a limb this morning and adapted a whole wheat muffin recipe to gluten free and made it even healthy. They turned out great, light and fluffy and held together nicely. A hit in our family, since the first 12 were gone before I blinked! :) Just what this wife/mama likes to see!

Gluten Free Breakfast Muffles

1 cup coconut oil, or butter
2 cups brown sugar (or other sweetner, I was out of everything but sugar)
2 eggs (I used duck)
2t vanilla
2 cups milk
2 t baking soda
1t salt
2 cups Bob's All Purpose Gluten free flour
1/4 cup buck wheat flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 cup oat flour
4 T flax seeds

Mix everything together well.
Bake in muffle pans at 400* for about 10 mins until knife comes out clean. There are stick ybuggers, so grease, grease, grease. Or just use wax paper or muffle papers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!