Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Memory Makers




Clara woke up in the middle of the night last night. It was her turn to sleep in our room. She asked me so sweetly if I would read her some stories. So I do! :) We cuddled up and read 5 books, and talked about what it will be like in God's Kingdom. I love these special moments, one on one with my kids. The out of the blue, unexpected, fun times. Like taking a mud bath, dancing in the rain, and singing to the top of our lungs in the car. Memory makes. Wonderful, special times as a family. Seeing the sparkle in their eyes, and smile of their faces. It makes all the frustrating times as a parent forgotten!

What are some things you did as a child that was a great memory? What are somethings you do with your children?








2 comments:

  1. My mom reading to us was a big memory! I was about 6 or 7, she read to me the Little House series and Janette Oke books. i loved those times!
    Also other good memories was when we did stuff out of the ordinary like going on a picnic suddenly or going out for ice cream or a sandwich out of the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martha, we love reading together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!