Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day




Today has me thinking about the first time each of my babies was placed in my arms, making me a mommy all over again. My mom (HI there Mommy!) had this wonderful tradition (and I thought it was silly until I became a Mommy) of telling us about our "birth" days on our birthdays. I am going to keep doing this with our children. Even when I was rolling my eyes as a teen it made me feel special! Thanks Mom! :)


Clara came into the world with an induced birth (6 and 1/2 hours long) at a little over 36 weeks because of health problems I was having. We had planned a home birth with our midwife, and because I have white coat phobia, I was stressed. Plus the staff was rude. No ideal, but I wouldn't change it. I will always remember the feeling I had when they placed her on my tummy with all her hard hair and she looked me in the eyes. Even though our nursing relationship was not ideal either, she helped me learn a lot. No wonder God says the First Born gets a double birth right!

Flora was a suprise, a very welcome one. :) We didnt even know we were pregnant with her, because I hadnt had any cycles and was still nursing Clara, until about 18-19 weeks in when I was feeling a baby move. I was also a little frusterated that I wasnt losing the weight for Clara's pregnancy at all! I didnt know what to expect with a natural labor and delivery. God was good, and labor and delivery were perfect and Flora entered this world in the water, at home and was very content. She just looked around and didnt even cry until she had to have her new born exam. All with perfect scores! :) Just a bit over 6 hours of labor, start to finish!

Andrew pregnancy was perfect as well. We wanted to be surprised as to what we were having with the girls, but I HAD to know with Andrew. His due date came and went and we waited, tried herbs and many other things to encourage labor, but to no avail. He was coming when he was good and ready. Labor with him was smooth (6 1/2 about, hours) and even though he was sunny side up and we were both pretty bruised, it was at home, and with no problems!


Such different pregnancies and births, such different children! Just as it should be. :) Flora drew me "wiggles" on about 10 different pieces of paper this morning, while Clara drew me a couple people and some germs. If you know the girls, you can see their personalities in their gifts! So sweet! Andrew has just been crabby today. Needed lots of cuddles for Mama, which I am more then willing to give.

I got my first two books from Bethany House and have been reading. That, my wonderful family, a couple cups of coffee and a walk. Then a movie and Mexican for dinner tonight sounds perfect to me!

Wishing My Mommy, Mother-in-Love, and all you other Mom's out there a wonderful Mothers day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!