Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Monday, June 7, 2010

My Job

On Sabbath we heard a sermon that I felt was meant just for me. I love sermons like it. It was on how we view and honor God in our work. Be it working for someone else or like me, at home. The minister made a point that stood out to me. We, in how we act can worship and honor God in our jobs. It also can go the other way, it can be dishonoring. He used the example that God worked for 6 days when creating the world. He didn't do His partial best, he gave it His all. With JOY, then He rested on the 7th day. He also made the point that we are making our mark in this world. Are we letting our lights shine in our job? Or do we grumble and complain about how God has provided for us.

I don't know about you, but with 3 little ones, I often find my self in a bad mood when it comes to house work. I felt like I was ALWAYS doing the dishes, or picking up messes. Not pleasing God at all in my actions. I have made it my goal to do my house work and job of keeping home, with a joyful attitude. I am so very blessed.

Thank God for dirty dishes,
They have a tale to tell.
While others go hungry,
We're eating very well.
With a home and health and happiness,
We shouldn't want to fuss.
For by this stack of evidence,
God's been very good to us.

~ Amish Poem out of the Lanc. County Cook Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!