Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sewing


Clara wants to learn to sew. So I got out my scraps and we set to work. For the first time, with a bit of help from me, she did VERY well. We tried hand sewing first, but it was just a little hard and she was persistent about making a blanket for her little green bear. Out came the machine. Other then cutting the threads and pushing the foot pedal , Clara made this. She is right in the middle of saying "look Nana!"

It was a wonderful way to spend a little one on one time with my oldest girl, who by the way is growing up TO fast!


2 comments:

  1. Totally cute! To teach hand sewing, get some fleece, a large needle and some heavy thread. The little ones I watch can do pretty good with that because it's not so detailed. You don't get such cute stuff, but it works well to sew a dress or something for a stuffed animal.

    Good Job Miss Clara! You are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana finally got to a computer....I love your blanket! Did little green bear like it? Did it keep her warm? What are you going to make next?

    I am going to work on a quilt, too. I have a couple to finish. Clara you are inspiring me to get busy!

    Nana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!