Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Curtain Fun

I love curtains, and have great ideas in my head, but they don't work all the time in real life.

Here are a couple quick, and cheap ideas that did work! These are both "no sew" curtains.

This valance I have in the hall way. It is made of a piece of fabric I have, but didn't want to sew it, since I will most likely want to use it for something else. I just took a rubber band at each end to make it gathered and slipped if over the ends of hooks for the lace.

This (minus the new curtain) is what you saw when you entered our house. Since the back door is the one that most people come to (because of where the gate is). It looks messy and I was tired of it. So I did this:


Canvas painters drop cloth, a remnant, curtain clips and a bit of hot glue.

Close up of the fabric. I am going to pick up a trim for the bottom edge.

TADA!













1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!