Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Monday, July 19, 2010

Done!

Today was "The Day". D-day for the meat birds.

Grandma (Aaron's mom) came down to play with the kids so Aaron and I could just work and get the job done. 10 birds, a bit over 3 hours of work. With a bit of smelly, bloody work, we have a nice amount of chicken in the freeze. Chicken we know was not feed junk, and, was treated well.

I am thankful we live in an area we can raise our own chickens, both for eggs and meat. I am also thankful my husband and I work very well together, and after the first few birds, go into a groove and away we went. I am thankful for my wonderful mother -in -law, who took time out of her day to help us.

I am also thankful for pizza, with no chicken, for dinner. I like to let the meat freeze a good bit of time before enjoying it.

Aaron has a meeting tonight and after I get the kids to bed, I am going to watch North and South and fold my Mt. of laundry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!