Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Home Sweet Home-Improvments

This last week as been busy, as I am sure you noticed with the lack of posting. I try to do something everyday (or at least every other day). I have found that I am always thinking about what to post, and have found that I have a more cheerful/thankful attitude because of it. It makes since, I am always thinking about the blessings God has giving us.

Today we are getting ready for Nana to come and visit. Because my sister works and has her hens (anyone in the Seattle area wanting organic, farm raised eggs let me know!) she is not coming yet. Mom will be here for a few days, then the kids and I are heading back with her. We are going to go camping out on the San Juan Islands! The kids have been playing "camping" for the last 4 days!

Now for the home improvements that went on this last week. The city replaced the sewer main right out side our house, and while that was going on, Aaron replaced the sewer line on our side. Blessings in this, no more clogged toilets, etc. The city line was busted all the way though right after the old connection to our house. This would account for the problems we have had. While Aaron was doing the exit line, he also replaced the part the toilet bolts to and well as some of the plumbing under the house. Since we are wanting to remodel and move the kitchen, he didn't do any of that stuff. Another blessing, we though we were going to have to replace sub-flooring around the toilet, because it was "soggy" feeling. Well, come to find out, the floor is not wet (!) but the support column that held up a beam in that area, was not up! Problem fixed, and a lot less $$$.

Our insurance company has a couple things they want us to do before the say the house is "insurable" (we have 20-30 days to fix them). They are very simple things like getting the tree branches off the roof and also replacing and painting a soffit on the eve that is needing replaced. All things we were planning on doing, and not a lot of $ involved. Aaron has been trimming the trees (we have two HUGE willows RIGHT by the house) and we are getting a bit of firewood in the process.

Well, I should get back at it. We are cleaning the yard up, doing laundry and I want to re arrange the living room.......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!