Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Company is Comin'

Mom and Mandi are comin' for a visit.

I am jumping for joy. Well, more dancing and working like crazy to get a couple projects finished and a place for them to sleep before they get here!

Aaron is plugging away some more on removing the chimney. Yesterday we had a hole in our roof where it used to be. It. Was. Cold...while he did that! It's all patched now. He got it done just as it was starting to snow! Winter is not the best time to be making holes into the house....but needed to get done.

As with all old houses we are discovering "quirks" and some interesting quick fixes that people day a long time ago.  

I am so excited about this process. Making our little home into what we dream of, all on a budget. I am so blessed to be married to a man who can do just about anything! 

I have been having a lot of fun looking at before and after pictures of kitchen's and dreaming on how to make our small living/kitchen spaces the most they can be.  

Since tomorrow is Friday and I have a lot of stuff to do, and I want to be able to enjoy the visit, I will not be blogging until next week some time. 

See you then!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!