Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Thursday, December 9, 2010

*update at 3pm* I have one dress almost done. All I need to do it add the buttons and adjust the hem and sleeves. I am adding in some pictures below.

*warning I am going to brag* WAA (ambulance association Aaron works with) is sending him up to a class on emergencies involving children, then, they are going to have him teach on the subject! I am in aww of my husband. He is so talented and loves his job so much!

collar, notice the chocolate smug, thanks to Andrew!


I have been wanted to sew for the girls most of the week. I just started last night. Now, don't laugh, but I HATE cutting out. Last night I made up my mind, got down to business and got two wool dresses cut out of the girls. I sewed up one bodice and set the sleeves, but needed to wait until my Little Miss's got up to make sure it would fit properly. 

Now, because its wool, and the girls aren't growing as fast as babies do, I am making the dresses to that they can be "let out". The sleeves and hem can be lengthened as needed to ensure the longest wearing possible. The wool I am using is very nice, fine quality wool we found from a high end seamstress (she made fancy business attire in the 80's and 90's) who was clearing out her fabric. I have two large prices of wool that total around 15 yard for about $20! Even though I did not have an idea of what I would to with it, I knew it was a good deal so snatched it up. I will have enough of it to make the dresses, pants for Aaron and Andrew and a Skirt for me. Pretty good huh?

This is the pattern I am using for the girls (View A): http://simplicity.com/p-1992-costumes.aspx

Andrew and Flora are asleep so I am off to sew some more! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!