Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Do you ever just step back for a moment and be amazed at how good God is? How abundantly He has blessed you? Do we find joy in the little things?

Sadly, we has humans, and I am not exception, forget to do this daily. It's when something "big" comes up that we are amazed, but not at the small things. I am bad at this. Instead of seeing all the little blessings around me I focus on the bog. I tend to forget to be amazed at all the "little" things, that in truth, make up the big ones. God sometimes has to nudge me.

The joy of a smile and cuddles for a 2 year old while he falls asleep on you.
 
Daddy playing with play dough for almost 2 hours with the girls this morning.

Hot water, you don't realize how much you use it until its frozen.

Good, solid teaching from God's word (ok not so little, but one of the things I am very thankful for)
 
Giggles and smiles and joyful noise. 

Sunshine on the snow. It "parkles"

I have been doing a study/devotional on Joy (by Lydia Brownback). So far its been wonderful and a good reminder (nudge) for me. One of the verses it references is Philippians 2:14. We are told to do ALL things with out grumbling or complaining. How many times a day do I grumble that the floor is a mess, even though it was clean a little bit ago, instead of enjoying the play and happiness of my kids. How often do I grumble that I have not gotten enough sleep and are crabby at those around me. Instead of enjoying the cuddles from a little one who need's mama. 

This has been something that has been on my mind, and is something I am working on improving. Just though I would share. I am going to try posting something I have learned on being joyful each week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!