Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Today's Progress

Today was one of "those" days. One where everything happens at once. The motorhome sprung a leak, the road/yard flooded (water is down now, but everything is now VERY muddy!), the kids were all crabby, the internet was being a pill....
 
I am so DONE with the remodel. I want to be 100% in my kitchen, and I am finding the delays of life rather, well, frustrating. Now, stop laughing, it's not funny. Really! I enjoyed it in the beginning, but it's now to the stage that I can see what it will be, I already love spending time in all the light and I just want it done!
Rest of the beadboard and the vaneer on the upper cab.

Aaron will be ready to install the rest of the base cabinets tomorrow (YEAH!) and then we can get the plywood on ready for the counters. Then comes the wall cabinets, hopefully Saturday evening or Sunday. Then plumbing....Everyday Aaron has planned to get under the house to plumb in the new kitchen, he has either been needed else where or was sick! It WILL get done. haha
I got a coat of the paint on the bead board, at counter level, the strips that go to the floor have to wait, until it can dry with out little finger! For some reason the paint looks kinda greenish in the picture, it's a very light yellow, no green at all.

I never got to the hall way and clothing today, but instead went though my kitchen items and packed up some for camping and a few other's into a donate box. I have moved the plates and coffee over to the new cabs, as well as some of the pans. I am really looking forward to getting everything in it's place, and having a bigger window in the dinning room. Oh, and a table would be nice to eat on again. haha
 
 
 I will post pictures after Aaron gets the other cabs in. I. Can't. Wait. *sigh*

 
 

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!