Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gooey Chocolate Coconut Pie

Two hours later and a way over done crust, but still tasty!
Recipe:

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 brown sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup choco chips
1 cup dried coconut

Mix together butter, sugars, flour and eggs very well. Add in Chips and Coco nut. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 350* for 55-60  mins (it will remain kinda gooey, making it all that much better!) 
 
*note* This recipe does not do well doubled and in a deep dish pie pan. I did this last night and it took about 2 hours to cook and the top part of the crust was very well done! It still tasted great as long as be broke off the exposed crust...haha


Ready for the oven....
Pie is a must in our house. It has a long history between Aaron and me. When we were courting I would make him an apple pie to take home with him. He would take it to work for breakfasts for the week and drive everyone nuts in the break room when he wouldn't share! I am always on the look out for great pies to add to my regulars. This one makes the" keep" list! It is rich, so a small piece is very satisfying with a cup of hot joe! Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Can I come live with you? Pleeeeeeeeeese? Um, Denny wants to come, too, but he wants broc-ched soup. (If you can only take one of us, I'll break the news to him.)
    love, annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know when you will arrive! I will have the soup and pie at the ready! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!