Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Monday, May 30, 2011

Awesome Day

Today was a great day! Truly great.Many things to be thankful for. 
 

First: It looks dark and foreboding this morning when we got up, and "they" said that it was going to be rainy, so we planned on a day in. Right after naps and lunch the sun broke though. So out we went!
 
 

Second, we were blessed with a good amount of lumber (2x4's mentioned in a previous post) and have the steal 2x4's from the house that we can get a good start on the critter shed! God is good! We will only need to buy siding to match the other out building and roofing! I knocked fown the frame for the small green house that we never used, as we planned on using the huge beams for the foundation of the critter building, and then Aaron got busy raising up the area (so it stays dry) and getting the foundation done! 



 Third: I got some flowers planted yesterday in the window boxes and misc pot I have around. I took some pictures today to show you all.
 

Forth: It was warm enough to play in the mud. Not me, although I was known to in my much younger days, but the kids. Grandad, this is a truly dirty Andrew:
 




One very dirty boy. He was doing the same thing the girls were, playing in a mud puddle, yet, he got 5 times dirtier! BOYS!




Slightly Less Dirty Flora




Clara even a little less dirty.
 And last but not least. My sister is singing in New York, in Carnegie Hall tonight! She made it, is having fun and I can't wait to see pictures!
 My flower's in the window. And a muddy coffee cup!
 

I got all my herbs planted into their new home. Chives (x2) Lemon Balm, mint, basil, oregano, comfery, yarrow, and lavender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!