Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Have A Thing...

 ...for horses and good food.. I know odd combo for a blog post, but hey. It's my blog, AND I am remembering to post a requested recipe. If I don't do it know, I will likely forget forever or way after the fact. So humor me! :-)
 
A friends horse Charlie and my man. Until I get my own horse, I am enjoying taking pictures, and loving on the neighbors :)

Charlie is a goof ball, he has a lot of personality. He also has loose lips and like to eat everything!

Even like to nibble of Clara. She just started bossing him around and pushed him away. My girls has the same love of horses as me. How fun is this going to be!
 
Now: Good Food aka Requested Recipe that I am now going to have to make this week...Thanks Julianne!

Coffee Spiced Rubbed Grilled Roast:
 
Rub:
1/4 -1/3 cup finally ground coffee
1/4 cup chilli powder
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon salt
1tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon coriander
2 teaspoons ground ginger
 
Take thawed roast and trim fat if need be. Cut slits all over roast to stuff with garlic cloves, I like to add about 10 for a 3 lb roast, but we really like garlic. After garlic is stuffed into slits, rub the outside of the roast with oil so the coffee rub sticks nicely. Rub Roast all over with rub mixture (it might not take all of it, but give it a good coating). Let set in frig until grill is hot (or do it the day before for an even deeper flavor, just cover and set in frig.)

Grill roast on grill until med rare inside, let set for 10-20 minutes before slicing. The coffee run is rather strong, but the big ups in this house like it, we just scrape it off for the kids. You can also broil this easily.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!