Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Our Day In Pictures.

As the big tree (below) comes down we are stacking up the wood to burn this coming winter.

Old Willow type tree getting turned into firewood. Aaron got three more big branches down yesterday. He is at a stand still now, until tomorrow when he gets a new chain saw chain.
One compost bin out of free pallets, as soon as we get two more, we will build another. These are at the back of the property and as you can see, we have started adding in all the waste. Bunny, chicken, etc! Looking forward to making good dirt for future use.

I took down the old fence around where we had the pool yesterday, and started the process to fence in the back yard. Posts pulled and moved, one gate in place. Now we just need a roll of fence. I did this while Aaron is plugging away at the critter shed.
While Flora was napping, Clara and Andrew played with the chickens. Clara has one of the younger ones in the pack on her back. Silly girl. Yes, she is wearing pjs, they have a big hole in one of the legs and have been demoted to play clothing.

My little man with one of the younger chickens. He got over his fear of chicken, it was rather short lived. I think once he noticed that the rooster he attacked and then was after him is no longer here, he decided they weren't all that bad.
We will be able to start eating salads soon! Yum. I tasted some and it was good!

Beets

Squash starts
Peeking through the lilac's


I really can't wait for these to fully bloom. I LOVE lilacs and they smell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!