Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Outside

With the awfully long spring we had, Clara has gotten into a habit of saying, " It's a great day to play out side!".

I do not blame her, and today (yesterday), the kids and I were outside ALL day, in fact, I am typing this while the kids run around enjoying a last bit of play before time to get ready for bed. And then posting it this morning while listening to rain on the roof..it's lovely and refreshing!

We have been busy on the house again. Aaron very practically pointed out that we needed to get the rest of the DEMO stuff done, while the kids could be out and we can vent the house well.
SO, the ceiling is coming down in the living room in prep for adding in the wood stove and another plan I have up my sleeve. This being the reason we are out today....out of the way of the dust and mess. I hung up canvas drop clothes and sheets in the door ways (to keep the dust contained and it worked WELL!) and we moved everything out to make clean up easy.


We will focus on getting the things done that need to be done in the warmer weather, then do the finished stuff this fall/winter. I am very excited to be seeing more progress. Although..the unpractical side of me wants things finished. All in good time right?

And go figure....the one day the kids need to be out (or they get in Daddy's way) they wanted to be in where all the excitement is!! Haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!