Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Discovering Lapbooking

Last night Aaron had a call and came home with a treasure taped inside two paper cups. He found a Praying Mantis in the ambulance building and caught it for his bug loving girls.

He even spend time catching live flies to put in with it. This morning I jumped online and printed off the pages to do our first lapbook. Of course it was on Daddy's catch.

While the girls colored the cover pages I read the facts out loud. Then we put together the Diet, Antimony and Life Cycle sections of the lap book and while they told me what they remembered, we filled then in. All while studying our Praying Mantis. 

Tomorrow we will finish the book and I will take some pictures. The girls and I have and a lot of fun learning something new. Like, Praying mantis' can be found on every continent except Antarctica and that they can be green, brown, white and even pink and purple in tropical regions!

For a while, we will be doing a weekly lap book thanks to this neat, free, resource. 

http://www.homeschoolshare.com/Lapbooks_at_HSS.php





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!