Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Friday, February 17, 2012

Strippin'

Now now now, don't go get worried, I am talking about stripping off  paint on old door hardware!

We are replacing the door on the bathroom and I remember seeing something about stripping old paint off metal hardware...in the crock pot. Sounds simplet, no nasty paint stripper, no hard scrubbing. I was game. I took the back plates and knobs off the bathroom door, and put them in the crock pot with a bit of dish soap, turned it on high and waited about 24 hours.

Before
After
Now, they are not fancy, they are just steal and plain, but with a good spray down with some spray paint, they will be set for a new life on the new bathroom door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!