Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Thankful Heart


I had the privilege of being spit up on by Jethro Dole yesterday afternoon. He is such a precious baby and it got me thinking about how much we take good health for granted. I am positive that Tracy (Jethro's Mama) doesn't, and that she understands what a blessing it is. I am sure she also has to rely on God's strength so much more then I would have too with my perfectly healthy children. I so admire her grace, strength and example though this whole thing. I was thinking about and praying for their family last night and looked over at my sleeping baby (almost 2!) and my heart was full of thanks. Thankful that God is in charge of Jethro and his heart, thankful that the Doles know Who to get strength from and for the health of my little family. Thankful even when Andrew gets Nutella all over his face, clothing and anything he touches! Thankful for Clara's bossing and Smarts. Thankful for Flora and her enthusiasm. My heart is full today. God is good and always will be.

Please keep praying for Jethro (and his family). He goes into his next open heart sugary the end of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!