Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Friday, July 2, 2010

Productive Day



Despite the rain and cold, which just begs me to curl up with a cup of tea and a book in my favorite chair, we are getting a lot done. The girls have been helping Mama tidy the house while Daddy took out the old dryer and put in the new-to-us one. Daddy is also fixing the dryer vent system, so it vents outside vs under the house. We are taking down the bunk beds in Andrew's room and delivering them to friends this afternoon. While I love the beds, they are just too big for the room and I have big plans on building a Knock Off Wood (button on the side) bed with a trundle, so don't worry Mom and Mandi, you will still have a comfortable place to sleep! :)

Here are the girls helping vacuum:

Flora power vacuuming, she put all she had into it!

(Yes, Clara is wearing her snowsuit, she said she was cold. She crack me up with her choices of clothing some times!)


I had to buy a new vacuum, and didn't realize how bad my old one was until I used the new one! My floors actually feel clean again! YIPPY! I went with a canister and LOVE it! It's light enough for the kids to help, which they love! So, tip for Mama's with Little's: Get a canister vacuum so they can help!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes - I LOVED the cannister vac I got from Sears many years ago. Denny used it to vacuum up the embers in the fireplace, and of course we had to buy a new vacuum immediately. He always insists on buying uprights, and I hate them. The cannisters do such a good job and they're so easy to drag around! Good choice, Amber!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!