Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cuddles


Today I woke up with a list to do. Things *I* wanted to get done. My husband and kids had another idea, and I am all too willing to corporate.

Our day started at 7 am when Flora and Andrew woke up. Clara was not ready to wake up, but Flora, while trying to be helpful, got her up.
Aaron had call #1 at 7:30. I got the kids breakfast (homemade yogurt and apricots) and then we headed out into the yard while it was cooler.
Around 10 the kids wanted to watch some Curious Gorge and I laid Andrew down for his nap, intending to start making the jam.
Aaron got home and was hungry and so I made some lemonade and we visited for a few as he ate. We started talking about the projects that need done this week and he suggested I do the jam this evening and we clean up the yard, pull the yucky bushes and plant the burning bushes and lilacs. All right with me, I would love the bushes planted.
Then he got call #2. Flora laid down for her nap and I picked up the yard a bit. At this point Clara was very tired and needed cuddles. I held her for a while and then Andrew was up. Daddy got home and I went to lay down and cuddle Clara while she went to sleep. Just as she was asleep (YEAH!) he got call #3.
So, no bushes pulled yet today and no jam done. But lots of lovin' on my kids who need me the most. The other stuff can wait!


2 comments:

  1. SOOOOO sweet! Sounds like a LOVELY day after all. We love you, King family!! Denny and annie xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely, although rather long, odd day. Aaron went on a total of 7 calls in a 24 hour period! His record so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!