Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Feast Things

It's count down to Feast time. We like to put together bags for each of the kids with little gifts, usually quite activities as their gifts from Momma and Daddy. Things like new crayons, markers and colored pencils. Scissors, glue and fun colored paper. Play dough, coloring books and of course, gum :) Dress up necklaces for the girls, and a couple trucks for Andrew. I get most of the stuff at the dollar store to keep the cost low, but still able to get a lot of fun goodies for the kids. We will also pack some of their toys and I am finishing a quilt for each of them this year. I love seeing their faces as they see their "Feast goodies"!  We don't get them toys, because between the Grandparents and Aunties, they load up :-P and this way, they have quite things to do during church services, as well as the drive there and back.


 This year, we made postcards out of one of my photo (above) we took in Glacier National Park a couple of Feasts ago. We are sending theses to people who can not attend the Feast and have to stay home. Check out Zazzle for more ideas! They have super fast service and the quality is amazing. They did not pay me to say that, 100% our opinion! We decided to go this route, because I always PLAN on making cards, but never get to it. Its was worth the $25(with shipping) to have them printed for us, and its still personal, since its one of my photos.



Speaking of Feasts. Heres to everyone, wishing you a Happy Feast Of Trumpets! We are not going to be making it to church services in person tomorrow. We are so thankful for the internet and being able to "attend" and be fed, even when all three of the kids are snot heads!  Plus side to a cold now, is that we will all be healthy at Tabernacles.

3 comments:

  1. That is pretty! It is nice idea to do the little gift bags! So, you enjoyed the Hannah series? I liked it, except that he really messed up on the local area....= )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martha! I did enjoy the books, they were enough different from the other Amish stories that I liked them. How funny to read a story based in the area you lived. I don't know it well enought to see the mistakes, although I am sure it would drive me bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Feast to you as well !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!