Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sabbath Rest

I love the Sabbath. I love the slowness, the calm and the quite. I love being able to sleep in a little or take a nap. I love hearing good messages and spending time with my family with out worrying about laundry, dishes or the mess on the floor until after sunset.

As I mentioned before we "go" to a couple different churches (same doctrines for the most part, one is a little more real about keeping the Sabbath, which we LOVE!). This week we were planning on attending the nearest United congregation. Well, plans changed.  We were exhausted after a busy day yesterday of paying bills and shopping for the month. I was feeling pretty good during the day, but at bed time (we climbed into bed at 8 pm!) I started feeling achy. This morning it was worse after not a lot of sleep. I am thinking I threw my upper back out some how yesterday. My tummy was upset (from the pain), so my dear man let me sleep this morning, Waking me in time for services with Eternal.

I am very thankful, that we can connect with like minded people through the internet. That when one, or all of us is feeling ill, we can still be fed each and every Sabbath.  

Today I am enjoying a truly restful Sabbath!

Grand Canyon of Yellowstone Feast 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!