Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Different then Expected

This morning, while I was drinking my coffee and the kids were watching Cat in the Hat, I was writing a post of what we are thankful for today. All was peaceful and calm. The day was off to a good start. Then it all changed. After Cat was done, the girls asked very nicely to play in their room. I said yes, but they needed to help me with a job first. They quickly did what was asked and off they went. Little did I know Flora (who LOVES fruit) snatched two apples on her way back. Andrew and I worked on picking up the books on the floor and waited for Daddy to get home from his job picking up the cities garbage. Still pretty good, although I felt a headache coming on.

I checked in on the girls, who were playing nicely together and where in the second out fit for the day.Still not knowing about the apples, I headed into the kitchen and made another pot of coffee.

I sat back down at the computer and looked at a few different web sites for sheets and worked on finishing up the blog post I WAS doing. Flora pops her head into the living room and informs me that she needs to go potty. She goes...then all of a sudden I here this:

"Oh NO! MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!! I need help!"

In my mind I am picturing a mess from not making it in time. I rush into the bathroom and see her sitting on the toilet and eating an apple. After a talk about NOT eating when we go potty (lots of germs, YUCK!) I help her down and tell her to throw the apple away. 

"Yes Mama!", she says with a sweet smile and off I go. In a matter of about 5 minuets Clara yells at me from the bathroom. "Mama! Flora flushed an apple!" OH NO! The headache is really coming on now.

Its about 10am and Daddy should be home soon, Andrew is getting crabby and Millie ate a poopy diaper (double yuck). I pick up Dew and head back to the bathroom. Flora is crying because her OTHER apple fell in the toilet and Clara is very firmly telling her "Don't touch!" 

I get everyone settles down and get the second apple out. Grab the plunger and see what I can do...NOTHING! No water is getting through. I decide to wait until Daddy gets home and let him look at it. 
Daddy walked in the door at 10:20 and was bombarded with hugs and EVERYONE telling him what happened. It was rather noisy. Remember that headache I felt coming on??? Well, its here. Might have something to do with the desire to tear out my hair, but here none the less. 

Next, Daddy takes a look at the toilet and tries to get the apple to either go the rest of the way, or fish it back out the seat area. No luck. It's stuck and because of a lot of minerals in an older toilet, there was a build up. Now, let me give you a "history" of our toilet. I know, not something that everyone wants to hear, but this is my blog, so HA! (Sorry, I am in a mood!) This toilet would back up if you looked at it wrong (ok, slight exaggeration, but you get the point!). Aaron has tired to remove some of the mineral build up with no luck. Well, the apple was jammed as far as is could (of course way out of reach) up against the build up and WAS NOT BUDGING. 

At this point Aaron comes into the living room and tells me we need to get a new toilet. The kids start dancing around and yelling, " Yahoo! A New Toilet!". I on the other hand, was not thrilled. It was money we did not have this month and toilets can be expensive! As we got everyones shoes on I started praying for a good deal. 

We got everyone loaded into the car and were off to town. We just got into town when Aaron felt around at his pants. He had left his wallet at home. Thankfully we has his paycheck from the city and were able to cash it with no problems.  We headed up to the Habitat Restore to check what they had before seeing about a new one. God provided us with a nice toilet (and not pink!) for $20! We then picked up lunch and the wax seal. 

The toilet is now in its new home, the kids are all napping/resting and I am drinking some tea. 

So today's thankful is for the toilet! It would be a pain with out one! haha (again, sorry, it's the moods fault!)

I hope and pray all yours days were less exciting then ours, and that you got a good laugh out of this! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!