Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Friday, November 5, 2010

Today is a busy day in our house. Sabbath Prep Day. Most of the time I do not get all I want to done (might have something to do with big lists and not enough time....its a problem of mine! Haha), but today is looking swell! :) We have a nice head start of cleaning the house and Andrew's new bed is almost done. Just need to cover the boards and paint the frame. I am making a big pot of chili for dinner tonight and tomorrow as well, although tomorrows dinner might be chili cheese tacos. We shall see what we are in the mood for.

I spend some time, just a little bit ago, and washed the windows outside, as well as the doors. I love clean windows, and the outside was getting a bit muddy. Lyla likes to jump up and remind us that we left her outside. She is tall enough that she can look right in. It's rather funny! She is such a good dog. 

Today's Thankful list: 

Daddy: My wife. (aw....how sweet is he!)

Mama: Sunshine. I love winter and the beauty of the snow and ice but miss the longer days of sunshine. Today is so pretty I just want to be out. Spray foam insulation, we are sealing up around the new back door and it sure makes a difference! Its pretty cheap for a can, and sure helps the drafts! I know that was two things.

Clara: Playing outside.

Flora: Baths

Andrew: shortbread. Again, I am just guessing since he is a man of little words, but he is addicted to the stuff. :) It's good if you are trying to lose weight to share with him....you won't get much! :)


Short Bread: 

2 cups butter (soft)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1t vanilla
4 cups flour

Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in vanilla and flour and mix well. Dough it thick. Divide and press into 2 square pans (9x9) or one 9x13 pan. Don't oil the pans. Bake at 350* until just golden at the edges. Cut and let cool. Perfect with tea for an afternoon treat! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!