Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Monday, November 22, 2010

What a day yesterday. We knew a winter storm was on it's way to us with snow up to 6 inches expected. So after Aaron got home from class, we (meaning Aaron) got the plastic up over the windows to help seal out drafts. Our house was built in 1937, and some of the windows are rather drafty and old. Stapling up plastic (clearish stuff) helps a TON and is very cheap. Hopefully next winter we will have new windows in. 
 
I am glad it got done. We now have a blizzard warning in effect all night tonight and until 10am tomorrow. With the wind chill it could be -20! BER!We got about 6 inches last night and today, and could get another 7ish. I love winter storms.

I never got the sewing done I wanted to yesterday, but am doing it this evening. I was able to visit with a friend who lives far away today, while my dear husband tried to help her with her sewing machine over the phone. It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon. 
 
I started reading The Little Princess with the girls. So far they are liking it. Sitting and listening to a chapter book is something new to them. We have tried before, but there just wasn't enough to capture their attention. Clara did ok, but Flora was board and wiggly after a page or two!  It was lovely to sit and cuddle in my chair with my girls and read for a while.

I am in a mood to bake, and since my husband took pity on my hurt neck and did the dishes for me today, I think I will make a pumpkin pie for him. I pulled something in my next a few days ago, and its taking a lot time to get back to normal. When I was 15 we moved, it was one man and I unloading all the heavy stuff (piano, china hutch, etc) and my neck/shoulders have never been the same since. I don't hurt them often, as I am usually very good about lifting right, but when I do, it's been taking longer to heal. I think it has something to do with having 3 small children...haha. :) 
 
This has been a rather random post but a nice break. Off to get dinner made and watch the news. Aaron has it on, we want to hear what the weather has in store for us! 

Stay safe and warm!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!