Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Commanded Sabbath Rest

My son, forget not my law, but let your heart keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they be added to you.

Proverbs 3: 1 and 2 


I like what Mr. Kevin Swanson has to say about this passage. I very good view on keeping the commands!

He says in his study guide on Proverbs: " It is important to understand the meaning of "keep" in the injunction to "keep my commandments". Contrary to popular opinion, the word is not synonymous with "obey". It is the same word used for the watchman who guards the city. There are those who are faithful in guarding the city, and there are others who sleep on their watch each night., allowing hordes of enemies into the city to eventually destroy it. TO keep the commandments it to pay attention to them, to take them into account, or to care enough for the commandments to incorporate them into our lives. "


We are also told in 1 John, that if we say we know God, but do not keep his commands that we are lairs! 

He who says, I know Him, and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But who ever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought to walk just as He walked.

1 John 1:3-6

Do we love God enough to not only obey the command to keep His Sabbath, but do we also "keep" it as said above? Guarding against the Enemy?

Just some food for though! 

Wishing you all a wonderful, fulfilling Sabbath!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!