Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Gabby Moms~ Jan. Mission

~It's official!~

I am a Gabby Mom!  I am part of a group of homeschooling Mamas. Every month, for a year,
 we get to review an awesome item from Eternal Encouragement (use to be TEACH Mag)  (www.HomemakingWithTEACH.com) and then post my honest review on here for you all.

Now, I love to read, I love to Gad, I can be rather giggly and hope to make people laugh. I am not so sure I glitter, but I can give it a shot!

Hold on to your hats! This is going to be fun!

January's mission is this:

True Treasures, 10 years of TEACH Magazine 




I was so excited to get our first mission. I waited for the mail to come in anticipation! I am so thrilled. This book is filled to the brim with amazing, uplifting, encouraging articles for us ladies. A combined effort of Mrs. Lorrie Flem and her team made a wisdom filled book of articles taken from 10 years of TEACH.

The cover is lovely, but the inside is what best. Now, we all have day's where we need a little honest encouragement in our walks a homemakers, wife's, mama's and has homeschooler's. We are human. We all have "those days", Days where we could use wisdom from those who have gone before us, those who have lived and struggled and thrived in what we are going.  This book is designed in such a way that you can sit down and turn to the section where you are needing some "lifting" and read an article. A pep talk, a thought provoker, a soul soother, all in one book.

The sections have such nice titles as well. They are:

  1. Jewels That Make the Heart Sparkle
  2. Marriages of Solid Gold
  3. Parenting Pearls: Practical and Priceless
  4. Homemaking That Dazzles Like Diamonds
  5. Homeschooling Nuggets of Wisdom
  6. Godly Living that Glitters
Now, the best part of all. Each article is written from the authors heart, based on personal experience and followed by scripture! I have already gone back to it since reading though it. It truly is jam packed with treasures!

I enjoyed this and am putting in a place where it will be easy to access for easy, uplifting encouragement! 


"Take my instruction and not silver, And knowledge rather then choicest gold; For wisdom is better then jewels, and all desirable things cannot compare with her" ~ Proverbs 8:10-11

I received this product for honest review from TEACH Magazine as part of THE GABBY MOMS blogging program. All opinions expressed are solely my own. Thanks for reading!













10 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a fellow Gabby Mom stopping by to say hi! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!

    Tina
    (fellow Gabby mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! :) Fellow Gabby Mom & new follower here. Love reading all the reviews, we are a blessed people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI,I'm A new Follower and a Fellow Gabby Mom!
    http://alittlesugar-n-spice.blogspot.com/2011/01/gabby-moms-january-mission-true.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ladies and thanks for visiting! I am planning on looking at and reading my fellow Gabby Mom's Blogs and reviews some tonight! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super review! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am a new follower and fellow Gabby Mom!

    Tina
    www.tina.thejobes.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! Following along as a fellow Gabby Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Popped in to look at your blog. Am enjoying reading them all. ~Fellow Gabby Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I am truly humbled and very excited to get this many comments! Thanks for reading and visiting! :) I am so looking forward to this year as a Gabby Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the book and found it to be a valuable resource!

    Have fun this year on the team!

    MacKenzie
    Head Mama

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!