Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cabinets and Pretty Things

We have been waiting patiently for the kitchen cabinets. I ordered them on the afternoon of the 31st of Jan. (as wells as my stove and frig). We were told that it would be the 16th that would be our delivery date. Now we are looking at the 23rd. My appliances are in, most of my cabinets are in, we are just waiting on 4 of them. Why is it taking so long? because I had to pick the cabinets that they are no longer going to stock in the store. This happened just a few days AFTER I placed my order. So, now they are waiting for the rest of my order to come in.

While this is rather frustrating, as I don't like waiting, we do have a lot we can get done before they come. So then they do arrive, we can stain and install them!

I picked these up for my door ways into the kitchen. This is the smaller of the two door ways. The ginger bread is 11 inch long. The ones for the larger door way is 15 inches long. The door way is 40inches wide. This one goes to the living room.
 
Ok, the picture makes the door way look all wonky, it really is strait! :-) Like my handy holder-upper?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!