Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gabby Mom's Feburary Mission

This week has been crazy busy here. Between kitchen/dining remodel, helping some friends on their house, a blast from Winter,  Aaron being super busy and being ill part of Thursday and Friday, I am rather late getting this out. 
 With out further ado....my review for this month!
 
This month I had the fun of reviewing the e-news letter from Eternal Encouragement called Encouraging Moments Newsletter. This review came at a perfect time. We have been so busy as of late, that the quick reminders and challenges of the news letter have been great. 
  

 
 It packed pull of thoughts, that really hit home. Here are a few of my favorite quotes for the last two weeks.
  • Marriage isn't supposed to make you happy. It's supposed to make you married. It's your job to make your marriage happy and satisfying.
 
  • One of the biggest fallacies of marriage is that in a good marriage there aren't disagreements. We seem to think that if we fight or disagree, we'll ruin our marriage. But the truth is that every happy couple has areas they disagree on.
 
  • "Take the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God." If you want to beat sin, if you want to beat those wrong thoughts, then you've got to have two strategies working for you. First, take out the garbage - the garbage thoughts - and don't collect any more.
In each news letter there is a note from Lorri, some thoughts that were posted on Lorri's Facebook page, Chick Flicks for MomChick Flicks For Mom Button

Timely Tips and contact info for the mag and some deals on products! What a great resource!


Every Thursday, the FREE e-mail arrives in my in-box. I look forward to getting it each eek, sitting down with a cup of tea and enjoying a quite break away from the hassle and bustle homemaking to recharge my batteries!  I like that it makes me think about how I am doing as a Child of God, a Wife, Mother and Homeschooling Mama. 
 
 

It's super easy for you to subscribe too! Just head over to http://www.homemakingwithteach.com/, at the top hand corner of the screen you will see a sign up box. Just fill it in, and then wait with anticipation for Thursday!  Best part, it's free. 
 
Check out the Gabby Mom's here: http://www.thegabbymoms.com/  You can be one too!


I am reviewing Encouraging Moments as an official member of The Gabby Moms blogging program for Eternal Encouragement magazine.  I did not receive compensation for this post and all opinions are solely my own.

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes we just have crazy weeks :) Great review!
    Carie (another Gabby Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "One of the biggest fallacies of marriage is that in a good marriage there aren't disagreements. We seem to think that if we fight or disagree, we'll ruin our marriage. But the truth is that every happy couple has areas they disagree on." I, too, LOVED this quotation! Thanks for your review!

    Jada (another Gabby Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jada, I think that this quotation is something that every newly married couple needs on a book mark or something! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remodeling always makes things crazy for a while! Glad you were able to post your review for us all to read.

    Julieanne (fellow Gabby Mom)
    http://www.JoyInOurJourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julieanne, thanks for visiting! I can't believe I forgot about the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your favorite quotes!
    fellow Gabby Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those were some of my favorite quotes as well. Wouldn't it be great if all married couples received Godly council like that prior to marriage?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those quick little encouragements are often the best in the midst of our crazy lives! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    MacKenzie
    Head Mama

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!