Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lights

Here is a picture of the ceiling light for the kitchen. This is the picture on the box.


The light that will go on the living room and dinning room ceiling are the same colors but a little less fancy! 

Here is a not so great picture of the light that goes above the sink area. Pictures can not do it justice. 


On. You can't tell in the pictures, but the metal finish is the old, antiqued, that will match the ceiling light.


Off. It's lovely! The build I have in is a bit too long....which leads me to my next thought.

We are putting in LED puck lights under the cabs, and are going to spend the extra $ and put in LED light bulbs in all of the lights in the kitchen. As we have a bit of extra, we will slowly make our way to be all LED. A LED bulb will put out the same light as a 60 watt bulb, but only draw about 2-4 watts of power!  They also have an extra long life. Lasting anywhere from 15 -20 years! Or reg. light bulbs last, if you are lucky, 6 months!

I will also have a range hood that also has a light. So, my new kitchen will be light and bright, with the new window and lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!