Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Smoked Salmon Chowder

It must be my Scandinavian blood, or maybe just a weakness for creamy soups. What ever it is, this is my favorite!

Smoked Salmon Chowder

Serves 4

 1 onion, diced
1/2 lb smoked salmon shredded
4 carrots, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1 can or 1 small bag (frozen) corn
nice big spoonful of minced garlic
2 table spoons butter (or oil, I like the flavor of the butter better)
16 oz sour cream
8 oz heavy cream or whole milk
 3-4 cups water or veggy stock (depending on how "soupy" you like it)
smig of gratted cheese
green onion tops
Salt and pepper to taste
In the bottom of a soup pan, melt butter and cook onion until tender, throwing in corn, carrots, garlic and salmon. Cook for about 5 mins on high heat (until everything is nice and coated with butter and garlic and warm!), stirring all the time. Add in the water or veggy stock and let everything simmer together for an hour or 2, the longer the better! Salt and pepper to taste. Right before serving, pour in the cream and stir in the sour cream, heat until just warm. Serve in a bowl with green onion and a sprinkle of cheese on top! YUM!

Really dark picture sorry! As of right now, on my OLD 1972 stove, I have no over head light!

Said stove, but really I wanted to show all the LIGHT in my new kitchen! This is on a kinda cloudy day with no lights turned on! And a couple of really cute kids!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!