Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fun and Progress

Yesterday was a good day. After Aaron was done doing the city's garbage, we loaded up and he took us all out for coffee. Or rather, cupcakes for the kids and coffee and a shared muffin for the "big ups". Then, he drove to a quilt store I have been wanted to go into and gave me a bit of money. 

I took Clara in with me, she was having an off day and needed a little Mama time. She had fun, and so did I. I love quilt stores :)Perfect (early) Birthday fun!


Someday, this will be a wall hanging in my dining room.

Close up look. I Love it!
Aaron, cutting the small piece that goes right there by the light switch. He is now cutting the piece that goes on the smaller section of wall. After he is done, I will get it painted! It will be a very light cream, a couple shades lighter then the walls.
More progress today, I am thinning out things, and getting at spring cleaning. It. Feels. Good. I was reading on a blog (sorry, I forgot which one) where she is doing a challenge. She is getting rid of 40 bags of stuff in 40 days. Every day she attacks a room. Might sound extreme, but she said it actually add up quickly. With all the un worn clothing being a big part of it. I am inspired! Last night I did the bathroom, today is the laundry and the girls clothing/blankets (I just did their toys and books).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!