Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spring Is Finally Here...I think....

We all enjoyed the sunshine and warmer temps that yesterday brought. This has been the longest spring to reach 60 since like 1916! While the kids played and got covered head to toe in sand, the man played and made a fire pit (yeah!) I took pictures and checked up on my herbs/fruit/flowers. :) The back yard is still very wet and muddy: 
 
 
But all around there are signs of spring (and the front  yard is OK so we can play!)
 









Yarrow

Chives

Strawberries

 
3 out of the 6 blueberries survived the flood and my black berries are still iffy. They are still rather muddy and wet where they are, if they do survive I will be moving them to a better location later this year. 
 
Today, after naps we are heading out side and cleaning the yard, maybe pulling the small trees along the fence and enjoying the outside! Dinner: BBQ chicken over this:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!