Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rain Rain, Go Away

This spring has been wet. Very wet. As in 8 inches above normal rain fall already, and still coming. It's is nice, as we have a great snow pack and they are saying will not have to much of a worry with drought/lack of water this summer, but boy...we are tried of wet!



We usually get to plant the garden, this coming weekend. But with all the rain and wet, we are so slow this year. I am hoping to get everything in place by Mid June. I have peas, beets, chard, carrots and lettuce coming up in my front/early beds. I am so excited for fresh veggies!

One plus to this wet weather is that transplanting all the things this year, I have not lost anything!
Newly transplanted green grape. It is loving it's new home. When I got it, it had two little leaves off the branch.




On the house front, we are plugging away at stuff. Last week Aaron was so busy that nothing got done! That is just fine. We have cleared out the back entry way (inside and out) moved bunny and the work table out and I am cleaning out the pantry and washing down the entry way today. Then, all the misc remodel stuff will get moved to there, so Aaron can start taring down the sheet rock, pulling up the floor, relaying it and putting in a new window.

The kids are all doing well. Mr. Dew is talking more and more and loves to throw things in the fire pit. Flora is always singing and bouncing and Clara is the family chicken catcher. She is good folks! They are all a joy and such a blessing!

Strawberries are happy in their new home. They are thriving and growing and even starting to flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!