Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Today

I broke (we think) my finger in June. Last night I joked that because it was achy, the weather must be changing. Haha on me. It did. Today has been delightfully cool and a perfect day for baking!

I got lunch stuff cleaned up and then whipped up a pan of bar choco chip cookies. While those were making I got two dozen blue berry muffins ready for their turn in the oven. 
 
Both of those are done, and I then threw a chicken in to roast. We will eat that for dinner. Along with green beans, peas and carrots from the garden's picking.This afternoon we went to a neighbors to pick apples. We gathered the ones that were wormy for the chickens and the ones that were beat up for Amie and her pasture mates. While I work on a sewing project this evening, I am also going to be making apples butter with the good ones. Perfect thing to top oatmeal!
 

It feels like Fall today and I am so thrilled that my favorite season is here again!

Aaron has been plugging away at pealing off the layers on the inside of the walls to expose the beams, set new plugs/light switches and then insulate. It's coming along nicely. The kids have been enjoying a day of cooler temps and playing hide-and-seek.

Yesterday Aaron had another chiro apt and the doc is very happy with how well his back is staying in! Yahoo, and Thank God. My mom had a problem with her back when I was a child, and we have all hear horror storied of back problems. This scared me, and I am SO thankful that he is just fine. 
 
I am off to start washing apples!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!