Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Saturday, January 16, 2010

This Weeks Menu

In an effort to get my toughs organized onto paper I ordered a planner. It has a place for lesson plans each week, menu for the week, a month at a glance and a daily time schedule. As I was planning and organizing the school stuff for this week. I was also thinking about our menu. I have had great ideas on having it all planned for a week or two at a time. Well, I have, in my head. But only wrote it down a time or two. So, to try and be better about it (which is making my husband very happy :) . I though I would post my menu here. I will also share a family favorite recipe ever week, maybe something from that weeks menu. :)


Sunday: leftover chicken and veggie soup
Monday: Mexican chicken and rice casserole and brussels sprouts
Tuesday: Beef Stir Fry and Rice
Wednesday: Chili in crock pot, carrots
Thursday: Grilled salmon, green beans, rice, squash
Friday: Lamb, salad, quino, squash and chocolate cake (Company for dinner)
Saturday: Left overs. Most likely lamb stew. :)

Homemade Meatless Chili

3 cups beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 zuch
1 onion
1 can corn
chili powder
garlic
salt and pepper
red peppers
cilantro


In crock put in beans and enough water to cover and then some. Cook until beans are tender (On high for about 4 hours, watch water to make sure there is enough) Then add the rest of the ing. To taste on spices. We like it a little spicer. Serve with sour cream, chips and cheese. Supper easy, and supper cheap! We usually add carrot sticks or apple pieces to make it a meal.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!