Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Monday, November 8, 2010

The first snow is on it's way. Some time this week the white stuff should start flying. A lot of people are not happy about this, but we are. After last winter of about 14inches of snow, we are looking forward to a "normal" winter of about 60inches or more! 

My mind is on gardening. I tucked in my flower beds and blueberries this last week with the leaves off our trees. I looked up and read about sugar maple and we are going to slowly replace the unproductive trees we have in the front yard with these wonders. Just think, in a few years, we could have home grown/made maple syrup! :) Yum!

I ran across some of the garden pictures of the summer before. I missed having a garden last year, but I am looking forward to a wonderful one this next year.

Clara asked if we can plant her a cherry tree and Flora wants a peach tree. Daddy wants to plant a couple hazelnuts (you need two for pollinating needs) Clara informed us that Andrew needs and apple tree so I think I will chose a plum...since all the other are gone. :-)

Today I am thankful for my mom and sister. They are a couple of my dearest friends. Love you guys!

Aaron is thankful for coffee.

Clara and Flora are both thankful for pickles. They love them!

Andrew is thankful for his sisters who love to play with him. (the kids have been playing very well together this morning!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!