Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Yesterday I started a project and today the plan is to finish it. I cleaned out the cupboards in the hall/laundry area, washed everything out and painted! The walls, trim, doors....the whole shebang! I am spray painting the light fixture base and the hinges on the cabinets doors and the door knob to the bedroom. Washing down the washed and dryer and hanging up some pictures.

Now, I do not like where my laundry is. It's in the hall, so to get to the bathroom and bedrooms you have to walk past it, which means if there is dirty laundry, its on the floor. I got a 3 part, dirt clothing storage thingy, but it was cheap and just not very good. Aaron is going to try to beef it up some. The top of the washer and dryer are also a catch all for...well...everything! I threw away a bunch of stuff, set aside others to donate and am thrilled with my new, area. Anyhow, before I got off on that I was going to tell you my plans for today. 

*finish painting
*spray paint
 *final wash down
*rehang the cab. doors
*put everything back away
*keep the area clean and tidy so I want to be there...this is on going! :)
*make menu and chore dry erase boards

The man is heading down to the school this afternoon for Career Day so will be gone until Dinner time. I think we are going to have Moroccan Lentil Soup made in the crock-pot for easy...so I can not feel bad that I got busy and forgot to plan dinner :) 

I found these of what the kitchen looked like before we painted it!

Sink and window, you can see down the hall where the washer and dryer are now. Bright Huh?


Ok, not the best picture, but you can kinda see what it is now. The walls are a tan, the cabs are what you see. The picked at door frame is leading into the living room.

My wonderful light! I love this so much. It makes me smile every time I plug it in!  


Today I am thankful for cheap or free paint. My husband Job that allows him to be home a lot. My sweet children who woke my up with hugs and kisses in bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!