Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Joy: In My Job

Someone made a comment this last week to be. They said they felt sorry for me, how my hands were full and how busy I must me. I have had these comments before but never said much of anything or just shrugged with "but they are such a blessing", but never said with any passion or conviction. 
Now, even though I shouldn't be, I tend to care what people think, but never have a good response affirming how I really feel. I was rather pleased when this person spoke to me. I stopped them and said " Please, don't feel sorry for me. It is the last thing you should feel. I love my job, I love my husband and kids. I wouldn't trade this for ANYTHING. No, don't feel sorry for me, but feel joy instead." The person was stunned. They didn't say a thing for a couple seconds then said, " You don't hear that any more. Good for you." 

It was a good reminder for me. While I truly do love my job, I can fall into discontent at time. Satan gets at me, trying to convince me that maybe if I did work or were gone from my job, that I would be happier (Don't get my wrong, I am very happy, but Satan tries to conense us we are not. No matter what we are doing). 
Sadly, I listen sometimes. Forgetting to take joy is what I am doing. Where God has placed me. How much He has provided me with. I have a wonderful, hard working husband whole is a wonderful Husband and  Daddy. I have been blessed with three of the best kids. They are goofy, smart, kind, and full of life. Satan want's me to miss out on these things. He would like nothing better then for our marriage to fail. He would like nothing better then for me to let someone else raise our children, so they know nothing about God and his mercy and love.

I think this can be applied to anything or anywhere we are. Where ever God has placed us. If we take joy in our jobs, we will be a good example to others and since joy is contagious, maybe they will be taking joy as well!


*please note: This is just something I am trying to focus on each day. Joy. These are just my thoughts. I am not wanted to sound like I am preaching, just sharing what I am learning and growing in. Thanks for reading*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!