Pages

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
— L.M. Montgomery

Monday, January 10, 2011

Menu Plan Monday *updated 1/11*

*update: I switched out menu around a bit. I found this recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup and had to have some. It was good (although mine was a skosh different, I don't like peppers cooked, and added in corn.) It turned into a date night dinner for Aaron and I, since my kids wouldn't have liked this. It was SO good! Try it!*

I am trying something different this week.

In an effort to get my homemaking chores better organized and accomplished in better time, I am doing this:
Instead of just posting our dinner menu on the whip off picture thingy (this really needs a better name), I am posting all three meals, and my to-to list. 
I have been reading Large Family Logistics and am inspired to give each area of my house a day for deep cleaning/organizing. Then doing a tidy (in theory) on Friday before the Sabbath. 

I am breaking it down like this:
Sunday: We are setting this aside for any projects that we might want to work on, things that will take a day. Like painting a room, or some such thing.

Monday is going to be my kitchen day. Clean out the frig, whip down the cabs, get ride of cobwebs...anything that goes with a good deep clean that needs doing. I will also make bread and cook beans up for the week. 

Tuesday: is going to be my laundry and bathroom cleaning day. I will make sure all of our clothing and towels etc are clean. I will wash bedding on Thursday when we clean bedrooms.
Wednesday: This day I will attack the hall way and back entry way. Wash down the walls (Lyla gets them rather dirty at times), sweep, mop, declutter...anything that needs doing that week. I will also do any left over laundry that didn't get done the day before.
Thursday: Bedrooms. Clean floor, vacuum, dust declutter and wash bedding. 
Friday: Tidy of the house, dusting, mop, de-clutter the living room. I will also bake bread and make something for dinner for the Sabbath.

Sabbath: REST! :) Tidy up after the Sabbath
Here is our Dinner Menu for this week:
  • Sunday: Oven friend chicken, pickels, carrots and green beans.  
  • Monday: Chicken Soup mentioned above
  • Tuesday: roasts, potatoes, green beans, bread
  • Wednesday: breakfast. Baked Oatmeal, eggs and fruit
  • Thursday: Potato and beef casserole. Corn and carrots
  • Friday: Pizza, birthday cake! Clara is 5!
  • Sabbath: Moroccan Lentils in the crock pot.
Potato and beef casserole

1-2 potatoes (2 if you are big eaters or want left overs) per person. Cubed into bit size pieces.


Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper and bake at 350* until done.

While the potatoes are cooking, cook up an onion (chopped finally) and 1 lb of ground beef. Add in peas or greens when beef is cooked. 

Mix everything into large oven safe pan, make a cheese sauce or add one can of cream of whatever soup. Put over potato/beef mixture, sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for about 20 mins at 350* 


This is a recipe that I just do. So it was kind of hard to write out. The kids LOVE this one...you can even make it simpler and top the potatoes and beef/onions with cheese or katcup and not mix in the veggies, but serve them on the side. I like to make enough for lunch the next day, as it's even better re heated!

















2 comments:

  1. Hi there. Found your blog via one of the discussions on Pioneer Woman's photography group. I pray that all goes well for you with your plan for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and Thanks for visiting! I love Pioneer Woman! Thanks for the prayers for my week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love to read all your comments!